Time to complete module: 1 hour
Distributions is how we bring variability (randomness) into our system. You don’t have to be a statistician to use Simul8 but it is important to know what distributions are and how they impact our simulation.
By completing the module, you’ll learn:
- Why we need to account for variability and how distributions fit in
- What a distribution is
- Common types of distributions for starting your first simulation
- How to use a distribution in Simul8
- How to create reusable and custom distributions
- Trials – how we make sure our results are representative when using randomness
Go through the lessons in this module and test your knowledge on our quizzes. You’ll also find links to additional material in each lesson to learn more on the topic.
At the end you can find a longer final assignment which ties all the new content together in an interactive way.
Christoph is a Senior Simulation Consultant at Simul8 with a background in academia and a PhD in stochastic modeling and uncertainty quantification.
During his time at Simul8, he has delivered simulation projects in various sectors and industries, ranging from manufacturing – including the automotive industry and foundry operations, to bed capacity modeling and other healthcare projects, to transport and logistic simulations.